Ergobaby was started by a mother who wanted a way to hold her baby close to her. The mother, Karin Frost, took the idea and turned it into one of the most successful baby businesses. The goal of the Ergobaby baby carriers is to provide a more natural and comfortable way to hold your baby.
The company works with different materials to find the perfect fit for their consumers. The company has been awarded many parent awards and has been given the stamp of approval by many pediatricians and child psychologists. Ergobaby provides over 30 different designs for baby carriers so you will always be able to find the baby carrier that is right for you and your baby.
The Perfect Baby Carrier for New Parents: Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier
The revolutionary design of the Ergobaby Original baby carrier puts it ahead of all the competition. The design is intent on the comfort of both you and your baby. The ergonomic baby carrier design evenly distributes your baby’s weight between your shoulders and hips and protects your lower lumbar region.
The Ergobaby design sets your baby in a natural position that is recommended by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. The Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier is versatile enough to allow the parent to carry in the front, on the hip, and on their back.
- This original design is equipped to support newborns and toddlers up to 45 pounds.
- The Ergobaby Original comes in many fun and funky colors and patterns so any parent can look fashionable.
- The Ergobaby Original is 100% machine washable.
- The infant inserts that are needed for carrying newborns with reduced head control is sold separately from this carrier.
- These baby carriers are 100% cotton and some babies will become overheated.
The Environmentally Conscious Baby Carrier: Ergobaby Organic Baby Carrier (discontinued)
This is perfect for the environmentally conscious parents. The material for the baby carriers is organic and comfortable against even the most sensitive skin. This is the perfect baby carrier for children that are prone to rashes or breakouts. The Organic baby carrier is designed to seat your baby in a natural position to protect their hips.
The carriers can be used for front carry, hip carry, and back carry. These organic baby carriers have all the benefits that the Ergobaby Original Baby Carriers come with the added bonus of organic fabric that sets it apart from all other baby carriers.
- The material is completely 100% organic and is perfect for children and parents that have sensitive skin or allergies.
- The Ergobaby Organic is 100% machine washable and made from a comfortable and breathable material.
- The Organic carrier comes with all the same great features that the Original carrier comes with. The difference is in the material.
- The infant inserts are sold separately. They are recommended for infants under 20 pounds. The infant inserts are also 100% organic and are easy to insert.
- The material can become hot and children can become overheated in these baby carriers.
The Perfect Baby Carrier for On the Go Parents: Ergobaby Performance Baby Carrier (discontinued)
The Ergobaby Performance is the perfect for outdoor activities and active parents. The Performance baby carrier is made from a lightweight mesh material that breathes and keeps your child cool while you are on the go. The innovative design keeps your child’s hips safe and reduces the risk of pediatric hip injury. The Performance carrier is intended for front, hip, and back carry placement. They are intended for indoor and outdoor use and they hold up against moisture to keep your child dry and comfortable.
- The whole back panel is made from a lightweight breathable mesh material that keeps your baby cool.
- The Performance baby carrier is 100% machine washable and made from polyester and cotton.
- The straps are thicker and offer better security for the parents. This also helps to distribute your baby’s weight evenly.
- There are not many different pattern designs or color options.
- The infant insert is sold separately and recommended for children under 20 pounds.
- There is a lack of padding on the back panel of the baby carrier and small infants might not be as comfortable as older children.
4. The Perfect Baby Carrier for all Framed Parents: Ergobaby Four Position 360 Baby Carrier
The Ergobaby Four Position 360 Baby Carrier is the perfect baby carrier for all frames from thin to thick. The 360 supports your child in the appropriate frog leg and C positions that help to promote healthy hip development. The Ergobaby Four Position 360 is the first in the product line to produce a baby carrier that allows for outward forward carrying.
This carrier is intended for outward forward carrying when children are ready for the frog position. This Four Position 360 is the superb choice for breastfeeding mothers because it is versatile and allows for privacy and is great for dads because it adjusts to accommodate their larger frames.
- This baby carrier has the outward forward carrying option a first in the Ergobaby line.
- The Four Position 360 is 100% machine washable and made with a breathable material that helps to provide comfort for both parent and child.
- The carrier is positioned to fit a more diverse amount of body frames and positions your baby in a way that helps to distribute their weight away from your shoulders.
- As your child gets heavier it might become more difficult to use this baby carrier because there is not as much back support as previous Ergobaby styles.
- The side straps are constructed from a nylon material and can cut into the sides of parents who have larger chest areas. These straps have also caused issues with quick adjustments.
- The waist band for parents has a Velcro attachment and is loud when removing which can easily wake up sleeping children.
The Best Hybrids: Ergobaby Baby Wrap Carriers
The Ergobaby Baby Wrap Carriers are a perfect combination between a baby carrier and a baby wrap. They provide the best support and a perfect fit every single time that you put it on. This is perfect for parents that want to keep their children close to them or for children that need the extra pressure.
They are built to last and won’t stretch or sag under the weight of your child. The material stretches and moves with you to provide the most comfortable fit. The hybrid comes with a traditional wide back panel, that you would expect from an infant carrier, to help support your infant’s back and helps to support posture.
- This hybrid carrier is perfect for introducing baby carrying. They provide a perfect environment for the child that makes them feel safe.
- These wraps take away all the hassles of buckles and straps and can be worn for hours.
- You are able to take your baby out of the wrap without having to untie and retie.
- Children can become overheated inside the wrap.
- Poor positioning with the wrap can cause discomfort for both baby and parent. It is important to follow all safety instructions when using these Ergobaby products.